DELSOL Avocats advised Quilvest Private Equity and the EDH group on the acquisition of the ARIES group. EDH, the private higher education group owned by Quilvest Private Equity since 2017, is now embarking on its external growth policy with the acquisition of the ARIES group. ARIES is a private higher education group specializing in training...Read
The efforts of the lawyers in the “Disputes” department focus on encouraging, insofar as possible, an amicable resolution of the conflicts with which its clients are faced, before they reach a dispute phase, by advising them regarding dispute settlement, crisis management and resolution, while qualifying and quantifying the risks.
The lawyers in the “Disputes” department work alongside the directors and legal or financial departments of their clients, to which they provide their expertise notably with regard to :
- protection and defence of immaterial assets (copyrights, brands, drawing and models, software programs, domain names, etc.),
- compliance with economic regulations (pricing practices, agreements between suppliers and distributors, commercial cooperation, etc.),
- competition – consumption (restrictive practices, cartels and abuse of dominance, unfair and parasitic competition, unfair commercial practices, BtoC relations, etc.),
- commercial contracts (vertical and horizontal commercial relations, distribution networks, commercial agency, franchise, BtoB relations, etc.),
- management of insolvency procedures (safeguard, judicial review, etc.) and receivables management,
- management of industrial risk (professional civil liability and product-related liability, court-ordered appraisal, pollution and threats to the environment, civil and criminal liability of the manufacturer, seller or importer of industrial products that are subject to authorisation or not),
- defence of companies that are victims of criminal activity (fraud, breach of trust, forgery and use of forged documents, etc.) and of their directors held personally liable for complex financial offences,
- dispute settlement between partners or that involve corporate directors, management of disputes related to merger-acquisition operations (guarantee of assets and liabilities, price revision, interruption of negotiations, sale promise, etc.).
The lawyers in the “Disputes” department also take part, alongside the firm’s other departments, in acquisition or restructuring operations when there is a need for an audit of commercial contracts, of the risks surrounding current or future disputes and immaterial assets, or in the event of the need to develop the guarantee of assets and liabilities.
The lawyers in the “Disputes” department work in French or English. They rely on a network of foreign correspondents and complementary partners for crisis management, notably consultants and specialised communications firms.
Ranking of the department
The “Disputes” department is regularly included in the DECIDEURS ranking of the best legal firms in FRANCE.
In 2017, the “Disputes” department was recognised for :
- its extensive renown with regard to commercial disputes,
- its widely known efforts in the areas of antitrust and anti-competitive practices,
- its quality practices with regard to financial, banking and capital disputes.
- Henri-Louis DELSOL, Mathieu LE TACON, Delphine BRETAGNOLLE, Stéphane PERRIN, Benoît BOUSSIER, Eve DAUVOIS, Jessica NEUFVILLE, Emilie SULLO, Samuel GIORGI, Virginie COUVRAT
DELSOL Avocats advised RegionsJob during its acquisition of the Talent Detection application management platform RegionsJob, the leader in recruitment, employment & online career services in France, supports candidates throughout their careers, businesses on their HR challenges and training centres on how to enhance their offerings....Read
For the magazine Acteurs de l’Economie April 2016, Alexis CHABERT wrote a column on the issues relating to unfair competition and the procedures known as interim ex parte orders bringing proof of unfair acts In an article published in the magazine Acteurs de l’Economie in April 2016, Alexis CHABERT, a partner in the "Litigation" department,...Read
Stéphane PERRIN wrote about the first evaluation of the flagship measure in the 17 March 2014 Hamon law in a column published on 5 January 2016 on the magazine Décideurs website and in its Guide Contentieux & Arbitrage 2015. Stéphane PERRIN, a partner in the Litigation department, reviews the consumer class action procedure a year after it...Read