DELSOL Avocats advised the ALTIFORT group on its acquisition of two companies, Gaz Liquéfiés Industrie (GLI) and ITC. Founded in 2014 by two entrepreneurs, Stanislas Vigier (CEO) and Bart Gruyaert (Managing Director), ALTIFORT is an international group operating in Germany, Belgium, France and Ukraine specializing in fluids (Altifluid),...Read
Practice areasCorporate - Mergers & Acquisitions
Emmanuel KAEPPELIN is co-head of the Corporate Law – Mergers and Acquisitions Department.
Alongside standard services in corporate law (repeat advisory work and company management), he has developed more specific expertise in the following areas :
- company transfers and acquisition audits (acquisitions on behalf of French or international groups)
- equity financing and company restructuring (LBOs, MBOs, fundraising, mergers, demergers, partial asset transfers, agreements between partners, etc.)
- advisory work to foreign groups in France (incorporation, tax structure, joint ventures, etc.)
- drafting of commercial contracts (distribution, sales agents, subcontracting, manufacturing contracts, T&Cs, financing contracts, franchises, IT contracts, etc.)
- financing infrastructures (hotel infrastructures, solar power plants, industries, etc.)
- business concentrations (notification of acquisitions to the French or European competition authorities).
He has developed specific expertise in the manufacturing, health, new energies (wind, solar, hydroelectricity, etc.), real estate (structure of property transactions) and leisure sectors (hotel and tour operator management).
He is fluent in legal English.
Emmanuel KAEPPELIN graduated from Jean MOULIN III University. He has a DESS postgraduate qualification in Business Law and Taxation and a DJCE postgraduate qualification in Business Law ; he also has a specialist qualification in Corporate Law.
He began his career in the Corporate Finance – Mergers & Acquisitions Department of the law firm REED SMITH in PHILADELPHIA in 1999.
He then practiced in Lyon as an associate lawyer in various law firms before joining the Lyon office of DELSOL Avocats, where he was promoted to of counsel.
For over three years, he was the Secretary-General and Legal Director of a Danish leisure group, where he managed financial affairs, business development and property matters.
Emmanuel KAEPPELIN is a member of the DELSOL Avocats Board and the TRANS-EUROPEAN LAW FIRMS ALLIANCE (TELFA).
- Emmanuel KAEPPELIN, Raphaël ORY, Caroline DA LAGE, Gibril DOUIBI
- Corporate - Mergers & Acquisitions
DELSOL Avocats advised the ALTIFORT group on its acquisition of Wendt Boart SPRL (Belgium), a subsidiary of the 3M Group specializing in the manufacture of cutting tools for the glass industry. Founded in 2014 by two entrepreneurs, Stanislas Vigier (CEO) and Bart Gruyaert (Managing Director), ALTIFORT is an international group operating in...Read
"Does a share transfer lead to the transfer of a shareholder loan account ?” by Emmanuel KAEPPELIN for the magazine Tribune de Lyon, 13 April 2017 In an article published in Tribune de Lyon on 13 April 2017, Emmanuel KAEPPELIN writes about why a share transfer does not necessarily lead to the transfer of a shareholder loan account. Emmanuel...Read