13 March 2018 - Henri-Louis DELSOL, M&A Partner, and Vincent GUEVENOUX, lawyer, advised PROACTIS in the launching of a tender offer over the shares of HUBWOO, listed on Euronext Paris. This tender offer results from the acquisition by PROACTIS, listed on the AIM market in London, of the american group PERFECT COMMERCE. Following the...Read
Taxation affects the lives of companies and individuals on a daily basis, and is an essential parameter of any strategic decision.
The “Tax law” department works with its clients in order to secure and optimise the tax management of their current or exceptional operations.
It also helps them with their relations with the tax department, and represents them before the courts in case of tax disputes.
It is most notably active in the following domains :
Corporate taxation :
- handling of recurring tax matters involved in corporate taxation (CT, VAT, local taxes),
- set-up and monitoring of a tax integration procedure,
- fiscal safeguarding and optimisation of operations including mergers-acquisitions, restructuring and corporate reorganisations,
- preparation of preventive audits or acquisition audits,
- set-up of incentive arrangements for directors and employees (stock options, BSCPE, AGA, “management package”),
- definition and safeguarding of the transfer price policy,
- set-up of French companies abroad, and foreign investments in FRANCE,
- requests for approvals and tax-related advance rulings,
- optimisation of tax credits (research tax credit, etc.),
- fiscal optimisation of transnational flows.
Wealth taxation :
- Taxation of earnings and property assets
- Transmissions & successions (national and international context)
- Transmissions of companies, notably in a family context
- Real estate taxation
- Tax audits regarding the fiscal structuring of property assets
- Income tax / wealth tax / IFI declarations for French residents and non-residents
- Delocalization, expatriation, impatriation
- Family governance,
- Leveraged family operations (OBO, FBO),
- Philanthropy within a context of asset structuring (endowment fund, French and foreign foundations, etc.)
- Regularisation of foreign assets
Pre-litigation & Disputes (regarding corporate taxation and wealth taxation) :
- assistance in the event of tax audits,
- negotiation and settlement with the tax department,
- preparation and drafting of complaints involving litigation,
- representation before all administrative or judicial authorities,
- disputes involving collections.
When performing its services, the department can naturally rely on support from the firm’s other areas of expertise (departments including “Corporate law – Mergers-acquisitions”, “Non-profit organisations and social entrepreneurship”, “Real estate law”, etc.), as well as a broad network of foreign correspondents.
Classement du département
List of some of the main rankings :
“The team of 12 lawyers at DELSOL Avocats is renowned for its expertise with regard to the wealth taxation. It advises corporate directors, wealthy families and entrepreneurs.”
“Extensive renown” in the category of Taxation consulting for LBOs ; “Excellent” in the category of Wealth management & Wealth taxation 2016 ; “Excellent” in the category of Regularisation and disputes – wealth taxation
Delsol Avocats advised the Quilvest Private Equity investment fund on the takeover of EDH, the private higher education group, from Platina Equity Solutions. Founded in 1961 by Denis Huisman, the EDH Group is made up of three schools, the EFAP (jobs in the communication sector) with 80% of the group’s students, ICART (cultural management and...Read
The legal terms of the new property wealth tax, set out in the current finance bill (PLF), raise a number of questions in terms of the Constitution. With the help of Sandrine QUILICI (Pictet & Cie), Mathieu LE TACON anticipates the difficulties presented by this new tax mechanism. In its December 2017 issue, Les Nouvelles Fiscales...Read
"Is reconsideration of the tax system regarding the payment of cash adjustments justified ?” by Jean-Philippe DELSOL and Laure GAY-BELLILE in a study published in Les Nouvelles Fiscales on 1 June 2017 "The tax authorities’ position of reassessing taxpayers who have benefited from cash adjustment payment seems to us highly questionable when the...Read