Considering the latest developments relating to Covid-19 and government announcements, we would like to inform you with full transparency of the measures we anticipated and implemented within our firm. We have all the IT and technical capacities enabling us to manage files remotely. Dematerialization of both internal process and legal...Read
Taxation affects the lives of companies and individuals on a daily basis, and is an essential parameter of any strategic decision.
The “Tax law” department works with its clients in order to secure and optimise the tax management of their current or exceptional operations.
It also helps them with their relations with the tax department, and represents them before the courts in case of tax disputes.
It is most notably active in the following domains :
Corporate taxation :
- handling of recurring tax matters involved in corporate taxation (CT, VAT, local taxes),
- set-up and monitoring of a tax integration procedure,
- fiscal safeguarding and optimisation of operations including mergers-acquisitions, restructuring and corporate reorganisations,
- preparation of preventive audits or acquisition audits,
- set-up of incentive arrangements for directors and employees (stock options, BSCPE, AGA, “management package”),
- definition and safeguarding of the transfer price policy,
- set-up of French companies abroad, and foreign investments in FRANCE,
- requests for approvals and tax-related advance rulings,
- optimisation of tax credits (research tax credit, etc.),
- fiscal optimisation of transnational flows.
Wealth taxation :
- Taxation of earnings and property assets
- Transmissions & successions (national and international context)
- Transmissions of companies, notably in a family context
- Real estate taxation
- Tax audits regarding the fiscal structuring of property assets
- Income tax / wealth tax / IFI declarations for French residents and non-residents
- Delocalization, expatriation, impatriation
- Family governance,
- Leveraged family operations (OBO, FBO),
- Philanthropy within a context of asset structuring (endowment fund, French and foreign foundations, etc.)
- Regularisation of foreign assets
Pre-litigation & Disputes (regarding corporate taxation and wealth taxation) :
- assistance in the event of tax audits,
- negotiation and settlement with the tax department,
- preparation and drafting of complaints involving litigation,
- representation before all administrative or judicial authorities,
- disputes involving collections.
When performing its services, the department can naturally rely on support from the firm’s other areas of expertise (departments including “Corporate law – Mergers-acquisitions”, “Non-profit organisations and social entrepreneurship”, “Real estate law”, etc.), as well as a broad network of foreign correspondents.
Rankings of the department
- LEGAL 500 EMEA 2020, Tax, Tier 5/5
- LEGAL 500 Paris 2019 - Tier 5/5
- DÉCIDEURS 2019 - Financial and tax strategies
Asset taxation - Unbeatable 3/3
Research and innovation taxation & Research tax credit - Unbeatable 3/3
Financial transaction tax – Excellent 3/3
- Trophées du Droit 2020 : Corporate taxation – Bronze award
DELSOL Avocats is proud to be ranked in 8 Legal 500 EMEA 2020 categories : The Regions - Tier 1 « Founded in Lyon, Delsol Avocats has built itself a great reputation at national level. The firm fields a total of some 120 lawyers who are based in Lyon and Paris. The Paris office has grown significantly these past few years and now houses most...Read
DELSOL Avocats advises the sellers in the framework of the takeover of Colonna by its CEO Since its creation in 1972 Colonna, a broker specializing in group insurance, had been owned by several members of the family of the same name. Xavier COLONNA, CEO from 2008, takes over the brokerage business. DELSOL Avocats advised the sellers with a...Read