DELSOL Avocats assisted PROMOVAL with the acquisition of a building located 17, place Bellecour, in Lyon. The building will undergo in-depth restructuring in order to create offices, service areas, housings and commercial premises distributed over 2000 m². The team which provided assistance to PROMOVAL on the corporate aspects of the...Read
Practice areasCorporate - Mergers & Acquisitions
Emmanuel KAEPPELIN is co-head of the Corporate Law – Mergers and Acquisitions Department.
Alongside standard services in corporate law (repeat advisory work and company management), he has developed more specific expertise in the following areas :
- company transfers and acquisition audits (acquisitions on behalf of French or international groups)
- equity financing and company restructuring (LBOs, MBOs, fundraising, mergers, demergers, partial asset transfers, agreements between partners, etc.)
- advisory work to foreign groups in France (incorporation, tax structure, joint ventures, etc.)
- drafting of commercial contracts (distribution, sales agents, subcontracting, manufacturing contracts, T&Cs, financing contracts, franchises, IT contracts, etc.)
- financing infrastructures (hotel infrastructures, solar power plants, industries, etc.)
- business concentrations (notification of acquisitions to the French or European competition authorities).
He has developed specific expertise in the manufacturing, health, new energies (wind, solar, hydroelectricity, etc.), real estate (structure of property transactions) and leisure sectors (hotel and tour operator management).
He is fluent in legal English.
Emmanuel KAEPPELIN graduated from Jean MOULIN III University. He has a DESS postgraduate qualification in Business Law and Taxation and a DJCE postgraduate qualification in Business Law ; he also has a specialist qualification in Corporate Law.
He began his career in the Corporate Finance – Mergers & Acquisitions Department of the law firm REED SMITH in PHILADELPHIA in 1999.
He then practiced in Lyon as an associate lawyer in various law firms before joining the Lyon office of DELSOL Avocats, where he was promoted to of counsel.
For over three years, he was the Secretary-General and Legal Director of a Danish leisure group, where he managed financial affairs, business development and property matters.
Emmanuel KAEPPELIN is a member of the DELSOL Avocats Board and the TRANS-EUROPEAN LAW FIRMS ALLIANCE (TELFA).
He was elected by his peers as one of the Lawyers of the Year 2020 in “Mergers and Acquisitions Law” and as one of the Lawyers of the year 2021 in “Corporate Law » by Best Lawyers (in partnership with Les Echos).
- Emmanuel KAEPPELIN, Séverine BRAVARD, Leslie D’ALASCIO
- Corporate - Mergers & Acquisitions
DELSOL Avocats advised digital services consultancy Qualis Consulting on its acquisition by Metanext, a specialist in advising firms on their digital transition to Cloud computing. The new entity created by the merger has a workforce of 200 , and is expected to generate revenue of some €20 million in 2020. Emmanuel KAEPPELIN, partner and...Read
DELSOL Avocats advised family office Evolem on its acquisition of a majority equity stake in the Cap Vert Développement group, a multi-skilled landscaping specialist offering services ranging from pruning and watering to the creation and upkeep of green spaces. Backed by private equity fund Calcium Capital since 2015, Cap Vert has gradually...Read