DELSOL Avocats advised the management of Ribiere on its buyout of the company from its sole shareholder and CEO since 2004, Mr. Daniel LOUISE. A team of four managers, headed by Joseph CHANLIAUD, who arrived as General Manager a year ago, took over the firm, which specialises in public service infrastructure and private civil engineering...Read
Practice areasCorporate - Mergers & Acquisitions
Emmanuel KAEPPELIN is co-head of the Corporate Law – Mergers and Acquisitions Department.
Alongside standard services in corporate law (repeat advisory work and company management), he has developed more specific expertise in the following areas :
- company transfers and acquisition audits (acquisitions on behalf of French or international groups)
- equity financing and company restructuring (LBOs, MBOs, fundraising, mergers, demergers, partial asset transfers, agreements between partners, etc.)
- advisory work to foreign groups in France (incorporation, tax structure, joint ventures, etc.)
- drafting of commercial contracts (distribution, sales agents, subcontracting, manufacturing contracts, T&Cs, financing contracts, franchises, IT contracts, etc.)
- financing infrastructures (hotel infrastructures, solar power plants, industries, etc.)
- business concentrations (notification of acquisitions to the French or European competition authorities).
He has developed specific expertise in the manufacturing, health, new energies (wind, solar, hydroelectricity, etc.), real estate (structure of property transactions) and leisure sectors (hotel and tour operator management).
He is fluent in legal English.
Emmanuel KAEPPELIN graduated from Jean MOULIN III University. He has a DESS postgraduate qualification in Business Law and Taxation and a DJCE postgraduate qualification in Business Law ; he also has a specialist qualification in Corporate Law.
He began his career in the Corporate Finance – Mergers & Acquisitions Department of the law firm REED SMITH in PHILADELPHIA in 1999.
He then practiced in Lyon as an associate lawyer in various law firms before joining the Lyon office of DELSOL Avocats, where he was promoted to of counsel.
For over three years, he was the Secretary-General and Legal Director of a Danish leisure group, where he managed financial affairs, business development and property matters.
Emmanuel KAEPPELIN is a member of the DELSOL Avocats Board and the TRANS-EUROPEAN LAW FIRMS ALLIANCE (TELFA).
He was elected by his peers as one of the Lawyers of the Year 2020 in “Mergers and Acquisitions Law” by Best Lawyers (in partnership with Les Echos).
- Jean-Philippe DELSOL, Philippe DUMEZ, Emmanuel KAEPPELIN, Henri-Louis DELSOL, Paulette TRILLAT, Mathieu LE TACON, Philippe PACOTTE, Thomas ROCHE Jeanne BOSSI MALAFOSSE, Séverine BRAVARD,
DELSOL Avocats is delighted with the individual ranking of 10 of its lawyers in the Best Lawyers 2020 ranking, especially since it reflects the recognition of our peers. Jeanne BOSSI MALAFOSSE Privacy and Data Security LawSéverine BRAVARD Banking and Finance Law Insolvency and Reorganization Law Mergers and Acquisitions Law Henri-Louis...Read
- Emmanuel KAEPPELIN, Delphine BRETAGNOLLE, Emmanuel SADORGE, Raphaël ORY, Jessica NEUFVILLE, Raphaëlle LEROY,
- Corporate - Mergers & Acquisitions, Employment law - Social welfare law
DELSOL Avocats advised DIMOTRANS, a Lyon-based logistics and multimodal transport group, on its acquisition of a majority stake in Bretagne Services Logistiques (BSL). BSL, founded in 1997, is a logistics provider specialising in e-commerce, mainly in the consumer goods sector. The company has a workforce of 300 and generates revenue of €28...Read