Copas Systèmes, a specialist in automatic opening systems, wanted to join forces with the Swiss group, Gilgen Door Systems, in order to accelerate its development. The two companies are long-standing partners and have complementary offerings. This acquisition will enable Gilgen Door Systems to significantly strengthen its presence on the French...Read
Practice areasMergers & Acquisitions - Corporate law
Emmanuel KAEPPELIN is co-head of the "Mergers & Acquisitions - Corporate law" Department.
Alongside standard services in corporate law (repeat advisory work and company management), he has developed more specific expertise in the following areas :
- company transfers and acquisition audits (acquisitions on behalf of French or international groups)
- equity financing and company restructuring (LBOs, MBOs, fundraising, mergers, demergers, partial asset transfers, agreements between partners, etc.)
- advisory work to foreign groups in France (incorporation, tax structure, joint ventures, etc.)
- drafting of commercial contracts (distribution, sales agents, subcontracting, manufacturing contracts, T&Cs, financing contracts, franchises, IT contracts, etc.)
- financing infrastructures (hotel infrastructures, solar power plants, industries, etc.)
- business concentrations (notification of acquisitions to the French or European competition authorities).
He has developed specific expertise in the manufacturing, health, new energies (wind, solar, hydroelectricity, etc.), real estate (structure of property transactions) and leisure sectors (hotel and tour operator management).
He is fluent in legal English.
Emmanuel KAEPPELIN graduated from Jean MOULIN III University. He has a DESS postgraduate qualification in Business Law and Taxation and a DJCE postgraduate qualification in Business Law ; he also has a specialist qualification in Corporate Law.
He began his career in the Corporate Finance – Mergers & Acquisitions Department of the law firm REED SMITH in PHILADELPHIA in 1999.
He then practiced in Lyon as an associate lawyer in various law firms before joining the Lyon office of DELSOL Avocats, where he was promoted to of counsel.
For over three years, he was the Secretary-General and Legal Director of a Danish leisure group, where he managed financial affairs, business development and property matters.
Emmanuel KAEPPELIN is a member of the DELSOL Avocats Board and the TRANS-EUROPEAN LAW FIRMS ALLIANCE (TELFA).
He was elected by his peers as one of the Lawyers of the Year 2020 in “Mergers and Acquisitions Law” and as one of the Lawyers of the year 2021 in “Corporate Law » by Best Lawyers (in partnership with Les Echos).
- Emmanuel KAEPPELIN, Delphine BRETAGNOLLE, Séverine BRAVARD, Jean-François DEFUDES, Mayeul BRAC de LA PERRIÈRE Emilie FLORENTIN, Arthur COLLET,
- Mergers & Acquisitions - Corporate law, Financing, Employment law - Social welfare law, Corporate taxation
Comptoir Rhodanien, the summer fruit specialist, is restructuring its shareholding in the context of an MBO. CEO Christophe Soulhiard is reducing his stake in favour of the management, which is being relaunched, and company executives who are taking a stake in the capital. The historical shareholders (Siparex MidCap, Carvest and Casra...Read
- Emmanuel KAEPPELIN, Delphine BRETAGNOLLE, Jean-François DEFUDES, Laure GAY-BELLILE, Jessica NEUFVILLE, Mayeul FOURNIER de SAINT JEAN, Céline COELHO,
- Mergers & Acquisitions - Corporate law, Employment law - Social welfare law, Corporate taxation
DELSOL Avocats advised the funds France Nucléaire (managed by Siparex), BNP Développement and Garibaldi Participations in the context of a MBO over F2A, specialist in ventilation components. DELSOL Avocats advised the investors in the context of this transaction with a multidisciplinary team including Emmanuel Kaeppelin, partner, and Mayeul...Read