DELSOL Avocats is delighted to announce the promotions to Counsel status of Mayeul Brac de La Perrière (Mergers & Acquisitions – Corporate law), Edouard de Mellon (Business litigation) et Stanley Miton (Economic law). Mayeul Brac de La Perrière is mainly involved in business transfers, equity transactions and company restructuring. He has...Read
The efforts of the lawyers in the “Business litigation” department focus on encouraging, insofar as possible, an amicable resolution of the conflicts with which its clients are faced, before they reach a dispute phase, by advising them regarding dispute settlement, crisis management and resolution, while qualifying and quantifying the risks.
The lawyers in the “Business litigation” department work alongside the directors and legal or financial departments of their clients, to which they provide their expertise notably with regard to :
- protection and defence of immaterial assets (copyrights, brands, drawing and models, software programs, domain names, etc.),
- compliance with economic regulations (pricing practices, agreements between suppliers and distributors, commercial cooperation, etc.),
- competition – consumption (restrictive practices, cartels and abuse of dominance, unfair and parasitic competition, unfair commercial practices, BtoC relations, etc.),
- commercial contracts (vertical and horizontal commercial relations, distribution networks, commercial agency, franchise, BtoB relations, etc.),
- management of insolvency procedures (safeguard, judicial review, etc.) and receivables management,
- management of industrial risk (professional civil liability and product-related liability, court-ordered appraisal, pollution and threats to the environment, civil and criminal liability of the manufacturer, seller or importer of industrial products that are subject to authorisation or not),
- defence of companies that are victims of criminal activity (fraud, breach of trust, forgery and use of forged documents, etc.) and of their directors held personally liable for complex financial offences,
- dispute settlement between partners or that involve corporate directors, management of disputes related to merger-acquisition operations (guarantee of assets and liabilities, price revision, interruption of negotiations, sale promise, etc.).
The lawyers in the “Business litigation” department also take part, alongside the firm’s other departments, in acquisition or restructuring operations when there is a need for an audit of commercial contracts, of the risks surrounding current or future disputes and immaterial assets, or in the event of the need to develop the guarantee of assets and liabilities.
The lawyers in the “Business litigation” department work in French or English. They rely on a network of foreign correspondents and complementary partners for crisis management, notably consultants and specialised communications firms.
Rankings of the department
- LEGAL 500 EMEA 2022
- in Tier 4 in Dispute resolution : White-collar crime
- PALMARES DU DROIT 2021 (Lyon) - Dispute resolution – Arbitration : Silver Trophy
- DECIDEURS 2022
- Distribution law & restrictive practice : Excellent
- White Collar Crime : Highly regarded
- Commercial litigation : Highly regarded
- Financial & equity litigation : Renowned practice
- Antitrust & anti-competitive practices : Renowned practice
- OPTION DROIT & AFFAIRES 2021-2022
- Financial, stock exchange and regulatory litigation : ⭐
- Acquisition litigation : ⭐⭐
- Litigation on defective products and claims : ⭐⭐
- Criminal business law and AMF sanctions : ⭐⭐⭐
DELSOL Avocats is proud to be ranked in 9 Legal 500 EMEA 2022 categories : Construction – Tier 3 Data privacy and data protection – Tier 3 Dispute resolution : White-collar crime – Tier 4 Employment – Tier 4 Industry focus : Healthcare and life sciences – Tier 4 Mergers and acquisitions – Tier 5 Private equity : venture/growth...Read
- Pierre GOUGÉ, Philippe PACOTTE, Stéphane PERRIN, Jeanne BOSSI MALAFOSSE, Elsa LEDERLIN, Thomas AMICO, Adrien WILLIOT, Gilles VERMONT, Emilie SULLO, Edouard PIQUE, Arthur HITIER, Pierre-Henri BAERT, Solène DEFRANCE
DELSOL Avocats advises APi Group Corporation with the acquisition of Chubb Fire & Security from Carrier Global Corporation for $3.1 Billion. APi is a market-leading business services provider of safety and industrial services in over 200 locations worldwide. Chubb is a fire safety and security provider relying on 13,000 employees...Read
Pursuant to lenghty proceedings involving 30 or so defendants, the 11th correctional chamber of Paris Court of Justice delivered heavy sentences and one single discharge in favor of a client of the firm. In 2011, Hermès International and Hermès Sellier filed a complaint following the discovery of counterfeited « Birkin » bags. The investigation...Read