Pursuant to lenghty proceedings involving 30 or so defendants, the 11th correctional chamber of Paris Court of Justice delivered heavy sentences and one single discharge in favor of a client of the firm. In 2011, Hermès International and Hermès Sellier filed a complaint following the discovery of counterfeited « Birkin » bags. The investigation...Read
The efforts of the lawyers in the “Business litigation” department focus on encouraging, insofar as possible, an amicable resolution of the conflicts with which its clients are faced, before they reach a dispute phase, by advising them regarding dispute settlement, crisis management and resolution, while qualifying and quantifying the risks.
The lawyers in the “Business litigation” department work alongside the directors and legal or financial departments of their clients, to which they provide their expertise notably with regard to :
- protection and defence of immaterial assets (copyrights, brands, drawing and models, software programs, domain names, etc.),
- compliance with economic regulations (pricing practices, agreements between suppliers and distributors, commercial cooperation, etc.),
- competition – consumption (restrictive practices, cartels and abuse of dominance, unfair and parasitic competition, unfair commercial practices, BtoC relations, etc.),
- commercial contracts (vertical and horizontal commercial relations, distribution networks, commercial agency, franchise, BtoB relations, etc.),
- management of insolvency procedures (safeguard, judicial review, etc.) and receivables management,
- management of industrial risk (professional civil liability and product-related liability, court-ordered appraisal, pollution and threats to the environment, civil and criminal liability of the manufacturer, seller or importer of industrial products that are subject to authorisation or not),
- defence of companies that are victims of criminal activity (fraud, breach of trust, forgery and use of forged documents, etc.) and of their directors held personally liable for complex financial offences,
- dispute settlement between partners or that involve corporate directors, management of disputes related to merger-acquisition operations (guarantee of assets and liabilities, price revision, interruption of negotiations, sale promise, etc.).
The lawyers in the “Business litigation” department also take part, alongside the firm’s other departments, in acquisition or restructuring operations when there is a need for an audit of commercial contracts, of the risks surrounding current or future disputes and immaterial assets, or in the event of the need to develop the guarantee of assets and liabilities.
The lawyers in the “Business litigation” department work in French or English. They rely on a network of foreign correspondents and complementary partners for crisis management, notably consultants and specialised communications firms.
Rankings of the department
The “Business litigation” department is regularly included in the DECIDEURS ranking of the best legal firms in FRANCE.
In 2020, the “Business litigation” department was recognised for :
- its excellent work in distribution law,
- Financial, banking and equity litigation – Quality practice
- Commercial litigation – Highly regarded
- its widely known efforts in the areas of antitrust and anti-competitive practices,
- its quality practices with regard to financial, banking and capital disputes.
- Trademarks and designs litigation – Highly regarded
- Management of trademark portfolio – Recommended firm
The "Business litigation" department is also included in the 2021 rankings published by Option Droit & Affaires, namely :
- Financial, stock exchange and regulatory litigation – *
- Litigation on defective products and claims – **
- Criminal business law and AMF sanctions – **
- Acquisition litigation – *
- Trophées du Droit 2020 : Commercial law and contracts – Golden award
Thomas AMICO joins the DELSOL Avocats Litigation – White collar crime department as a partner. With its current team of 11 lawyers including three partners and one counsel, the Litigation – Criminal Business Law department advises and represents French and international companies and their senior executives, in pre-litigation and litigation...Read
- Legal news
Considering the latest developments relating to Covid-19 and government announcements, we would like to inform you with full transparency of the measures we anticipated and implemented within our firm. We have all the IT and technical capacities enabling us to manage files remotely. Dematerialization of both internal process and legal...Read
- Henri-Louis DELSOL, Mathieu LE TACON, Delphine BRETAGNOLLE, Stéphane PERRIN, Benoît BOUSSIER, Eve DAUVOIS, Jessica NEUFVILLE, Emilie SULLO, Martin SOUYRI
DELSOL Avocats advised Quilvest Private Equity and the EDH group on the acquisition of the ARIES group. EDH, the private higher education group owned by Quilvest Private Equity since 2017, is now embarking on its external growth policy with the acquisition of the ARIES group. ARIES is a private higher education group specializing in training...Read