DELSOL Avocats is proud to be ranked in 9 Legal 500 EMEA 2022 categories : Construction – Tier 3 Data privacy and data protection – Tier 3 Dispute resolution : White-collar crime – Tier 4 Employment – Tier 4 Industry focus : Healthcare and life sciences – Tier 4 Mergers and acquisitions – Tier 5 Private equity : venture/growth...Read
Mathieu LE TACON is co-head of the « Wealth law & taxation » department.
He has developed recognized expertise in asset taxation and taxation of family-run companies :
- taxation of restructuring operations (mergers, transfers of all assets and liabilities, founding and activation of French and foreign holding companies, active or inactive)
- taxation of company transfers (LBOs, OBOs, etc.)
- organization and optimization of asset transfers (implementation of DUTREIL agreements, manual donations of corporate securities, separation, quasi-usufruct agreements, etc.)
- optimization of asset tax situations (in view of income and/or wealth tax)
- family governance
- organization and management of overseas domicile transfers
- structure of French assets held by non-residents
- production and management of tax declarations (income tax, wealth tax/property wealth)
- adjustment of overseas assets
- assistance with tax inspections and tax litigation (applications for authorization, transactions, etc.).
He works primarily for entrepreneurs, directors, family shareholders and family-run companies.
He speaks English fluently.
Mathieu LE TACON graduated from TOULOUSE I University, where he gained a DEA postgraduate qualification in Business Law and a DESS postgraduate qualification in Tax Law.
He practiced within the law firms FIDAL (International Division – PARIS) and PDGB (PARIS) for eight years before joining DELSOL Avocats in January 2011.
He was elected by his peers as one of the Lawyers of the Year 2020 in “Tax Law” by Best Lawyers (in partnership with Les Echos).
Mathieu LE TACON was also elected as one of the Lawyers of the Year 2022 in « Tax litigation » and « Wealth law » by Le Monde du Droit (Palmarès du Droit 2022).
Mathieu LE TACON was elected « Leading individual » in the Tax : Private clients category of the Legal 500 EMEA 2022.
He works regularly with major titles in the tax (Droit Fiscal, Les Nouvelles Fiscales, etc.), mainstream and economic press. He has also contributed to the publication of several books, most recently the tax section of Réglementation automobile" (L’argus de l’assurance, 2017/2018).
He participates in seminars on taxation and lectures in taxation within the postgraduate law programme of TOULOUSE I University.
He is a member of the IACF (Institute of Tax Lawyers), the DFCG (Association of Financial Directors and Management Controllers) and the editorial committee of the journal Finance & Gestion (Law and Regulation section).
- Mathieu LE TACON, Jeanne BOSSI MALAFOSSE
- Mergers & Acquisitions - Corporate law, Employment law - Social welfare law, Business litigation, Real estate, Life sciences, Personal data, Wealth law & taxation, Corporate taxation
Crypto-currencies, which are highly speculative products, are attracting more and more investors. The explosion of profits on crypto-currencies has raised the question of their tax treatment, and we believe useful to clarify the current French tax treatment of profits on crypto-currencies as well as the reporting obligations if you hold...Read
- Henri-Louis DELSOL, Lionel DEVIC, Mathieu LE TACON Vincent GUEVENOUX, Pierre TOURRET, Alexia DEMONCHY, Justine MARLOT,
- Mergers & Acquisitions - Corporate law, Wealth law & taxation
Financière Tiepolo and J. de Demandolx Gestion, two independent portfolio management companies, have merged to become one of the most significant playors in the field of non-intermediated private wealth management in France. The new company was named Tiepolo. It includes 32 associates and its assets under management amount to 1.8 billion Euros...Read