Financière Tiepolo and J. de Demandolx Gestion, two independent portfolio management companies, have merged to become one of the most significant playors in the field of non-intermediated private wealth management in France. The new company was named Tiepolo. It includes 32 associates and its assets under management amount to 1.8 billion Euros...Read
The co-head of the Paris-based team specializing in non-profit sector organizations, Lionel DEVIC has developed recognized expertise in the following specific areas :
- reorganizing the activities and assets (particularly property) of non-profit organizations (merger, mutualization, division into subsidiaries)
- incorporating complex groups, whether or not they belong to the community-oriented economy, implying the coexistence of separate legal entities (associations, non-commercial and commercial companies, local authorities)
- creating foundations and numerous endowment funds
- optimizing company and asset transfers (shareholder endowment funds, incorporation of tools for holding philanthropic capital)
- developing additional financing methods (shared return funds, mutual investment funds, UCITS, private equity).
In this framework, he works primarily for associations (general interest, professional, religious, etc.), foundations, endowment funds and congregations.
When handling his cases, he strives to propose and/or prompt effective strategic thinking (benchmarks, audits, etc.), making it possible to anticipate development opportunities.
After graduating with a master’s degree and DEA postgraduate qualification in Business Law (Jean MOULIN LYON III University), he joined DELSOL Avocats in February 1999.
For several years, he was head of the tax section of the journal Juris Associations and specialist editor of the journal Tourisme & Droit (Editions JURIS, DALLOZ Group).
He has published the practical guide Fonds de dotation in the Juri’Guide collection (Editions JURIS, DALLOZ Group, 2009) and is director of publication of the first free website on endowment funds.
He works as a trainer for DALLOZ/JURIS, EFE, IFROSS and FIDUCIAL, and as a lecturer for the two-year master’s degree in Art and Heritage Market Law (PARIS II PANTHEON ASSAS University).
With a passion for educational issues, finally, he is the founder and chairman of a state-approved housing foundation.
Lionel DEVIC was elected by his peers as one of the Lawyers of the Year 2022 in « Non-Profit/Charities Law » by Best Lawyers (in partnership with Les Echos).
He was also elected as one of the Lawyers of the Year 2022 in « Non-profit organizations » by Le Monde du Droit (Palmarès du Droit 2022).
- Henri-Louis DELSOL, Lionel DEVIC, Mathieu LE TACON, Vincent GUEVENOUX, Pierre TOURRET, Alexia DEMONCHY, Justine MARLOT
- Mergers & Acquisitions - Corporate law, Wealth law & taxation
- Jean-Philippe DELSOL, Philippe DUMEZ, Emmanuel KAEPPELIN, Henri-Louis DELSOL, Xavier DELSOL, Laurent BUTSTRAËN, Lionel DEVIC, Frédéric SUBRA, Paulette TRILLAT, Mathieu LE TACON, Camille ROUSSET Philippe PACOTTE, Alexis CHABERT, Nathalie PEYRON, Benoît BOUSSIER, Jeanne BOSSI MALAFOSSE, Séverine BRAVARD, Philippe MALIKIAN,
DELSOL Avocats is delighted with the individual ranking of 19 of its lawyers in the The Best Lawyers ™ in France ranking, especially as it reflects the recognition of our peers. Jeanne BOSSI MALAFOSSE Biotechnology and Life Sciences Practice Privacy and Data Security Law Benoît BOUSSIER Construction Law Séverine BRAVARD Banking and Finance...Read
- Lionel DEVIC, Marie MAGRO,
- Non-profit organisations - Social and solidarity-based entrepreneurship
DELSOL Avocats assisted Jasmin Capital, a private markets investment advisor and sales agent founded in 2011, on the creation of their endowment fund Jasmin Capital were keen to build a structured framework for their philanthropic initiative and federate their staff around issues of common concern. The non-profit organisations it will...Read