DELSOL Avocats is delighted with the individual ranking of 22 of its lawyers in the The Best Lawyers ™ in France ranking, especially as it reflects the recognition of our peers. Jeanne BOSSI MALAFOSSE Biotechnology and Life Sciences Practice Privacy and Data Security Law Benoît BOUSSIER Construction Law Séverine BRAVARD Banking and Finance...Read
Jeanne BOSSI MALAFOSSE
Jeanne BOSSI MALAFOSSE is head of the Personal Data Department and co-head of the Life Sciences Department.
She has significant experience in personal data protection and various questions relating to life sciences, particularly in the area of health information systems.
She assists organizations in the following subjects :
- compliance with personal data protection principles in all sectors
- preparation for Europe’s new General Data Protection Regulation
- regulatory framework of planned health information systems
- managing new regulations for exchanging and sharing health data in the health and medicosocial sectors
- contracts for hosting health data and coordination of the various authorizations required
- consultations on the conditions for accessing health data in particular for medical research (Health Data Hub, CNIL, Ethics Committees, CESREES, CNIL)
- compliance audits of the structures
- conduct of data protection impact assessments
- maintaining registers of processing activities
- DPO accreditation and service offering
- negotiation and contract drafting
- data protection policies
- CNIL/supervisory authority inspections.
She is fluent in legal English.
Following law studies and a qualification from PARIS Institute of Political Studies, Jeanne BOSSI MALAFOSSE began her career at the Caisse des Dépôts et Consignations before joining the French Data Protection Authority (CNIL), where she spent eighteen years from 1991 to 2009. Here she held the positions of Deputy Director of User Relations and Supervision, Head of the Public and Social Affairs Division and Head of the Health, Health Insurance and Medical Research Sector.
She then held the position of Secretary-General of the National Agency of Shared Health Information Systems (ASIP Santé), where she managed and organized the agency’s support functions and contributed to defining the grouping’s strategy and launching national information system projects in consultation with stakeholders in the health sector.
She is also a Council of EUROPE expert for drafting the new recommendation on health data protection and is a member of the Big Data and Prevention working group of the Healthcare Data Institute.
She has been appointed as a qualified personality within the scientific and ethical committee « Cancer data platform » of the French National Cancer Institute and within the general assembly of the Health Data Hub, the public interest grouping which stands in for the Healthcare Data Institute.
Jeanne BOSSI MALAFOSSE contributed to the White Paper « Digital innovation in health : ethics at the heart » published by SANOFI in June 2021. She wrote the chapters « Digital tracking and personal data protection at the time of COVID-19 » and « Digital data protection in health ».
She is a member of the French Association of Data Protection Officers (AFCDP).
She is also currently a lecturer in various French universities
- Lille law university, Master 2 in Health Law ;
- Paris Descartes University, university degree in personal data protection ;
- Bichat medical school, university degree in connected objects ;
- Conservatoire National des Arts et Métiers (French Conservatory of Arts and Crafts).
Jeanne BOSSI MALAFOSSE was elected « Leading individual » in the Healthcare & Life sciences category of the Legal 500 EMEA 2022.
She was also elected as one of the Lawyers of the Year 2022 in « Life sciences » by Le Monde du Droit (Palmarès du Droit 2022).
She was elected by her peers as one of the Lawyers of the Year 2020 in « Privacy and Data Security Law » and as one of the Lawyers of the year 2021 in « Biotechnology and Life Sciences Practice » by Best Lawyers (in partnership with Les Echos).
- Jean-Philippe DELSOL, Philippe DUMEZ, Emmanuel KAEPPELIN, Pierre GOUGÉ, Henri-Louis DELSOL, Xavier DELSOL, Laurent BUTSTRAËN, Lionel DEVIC, Frédéric SUBRA, Paulette TRILLAT, Mathieu LE TACON, Camille ROUSSET, Delphine BRETAGNOLLE, Philippe PACOTTE, Alexis CHABERT, Stéphane PERRIN, Nathalie PEYRON, Benoît BOUSSIER, Jeanne BOSSI MALAFOSSE, Séverine BRAVARD, Philippe MALIKIAN, Gaëlle MERLIER, Virginie DELANNOY, Inès SAINT-LARY
Launched in June 2021 by three founding members (AstraZeneca, Docaposte and Impact Healthcare), the AgorIA Santé consortium aims at bringing together research stakeholders to facilitate the analysis of real-life health data for public health purposes. AgorIA Santé thus offers a secure technological platform for hosting and analysing health data...Read
Jeanne BOSSI MALAFOSSE, partner, and Aura BRAUN, associate, advised RHISA in drafting the application for authorisation from the CNIL (French data protection agency) concerning the setting up of a data warehouse hosting medical images from healthcare institutions to be anonymized and made available for research...Read