Jeanne BOSSI MALAFOSSE will be attending the Europe Data Protection Congress organised in Brussels by the IAPP (International Association of Privacy Professionals) on 15 & 16 November 2023. 👉 More information about this CongressRead
Jeanne BOSSI MALAFOSSE
Jeanne BOSSI MALAFOSSE is head of the Personal Data Department and co-head of the Life Sciences Department.
She has significant experience in personal data protection and various questions relating to life sciences, particularly in the area of health information systems.
She assists organizations in the following subjects :
- compliance with personal data protection principles in all sectors
- preparation for Europe’s General Data Protection Regulation
- regulatory framework of planned health information systems
- regulatory framework of BtoC and BtoB rules
- managing new regulations for exchanging and sharing health data in the health and medicosocial sectors
- contracts for hosting health data and coordination of the various authorizations required
- consultations on the conditions for accessing health data in particular for medical research (Health Data Hub, CNIL, Ethics Committees, CESREES, CNIL)
- compliance audits of the structures
- conduct of data protection impact assessments
- maintaining registers of processing activities
- DPO accreditation and service offering
- negotiation and contract drafting
- data protection policies
- CNIL/supervisory authority inspections
- Big Data and AI issues
Following law studies and a qualification from PARIS Institute of Political Studies, Jeanne BOSSI MALAFOSSE began her career at the Caisse des Dépôts et Consignations before joining the French Data Protection Authority (CNIL), where she spent eighteen years from 1991 to 2009. Here she held the positions of Deputy Director of User Relations and Supervision, Head of the Public and Social Affairs Division and Head of the Health, Health Insurance and Medical Research Sector.
She then held the position of Secretary-General of the National Agency of Shared Health Information Systems (ASIP Santé, now ANS), where she managed and organized the agency’s support functions and contributed to defining the grouping’s strategy and launching national information system projects in consultation with stakeholders in the health sector.
She is also a Council of EUROPE expert for drafting the new recommendation on health data protection and is a member of the Big Data and Prevention working group of the Healthcare Data Institute.
She has been appointed as a qualified personality within the scientific and ethical committee « Cancer data platform » of the French National Cancer Institute and within the general assembly of the Health Data Hub.
Jeanne BOSSI MALAFOSSE contributed to the White Paper « Digital innovation in health : ethics at the heart » published by SANOFI in June 2021. She wrote the chapters « Digital tracking and personal data protection at the time of COVID-19 » and « Digital data protection in health ».
She is a member of the French Association of Data Protection Officers (AFCDP).
She is also currently a lecturer in various French universities
- Lille law university, Master 2 in Health Law ;
- Paris Descartes University, university degree in personal data protection ;
- Bichat medical school, university degree in connected objects ;
- Conservatoire National des Arts et Métiers (French Conservatory of Arts and Crafts).
Jeanne BOSSI MALAFOSSE was elected « Leading individual » in the Healthcare & Life sciences category of the Legal 500 EMEA 2023.
She was also elected as one of the Lawyers of the Year 2022 in « Life sciences » by Le Monde du Droit (Palmarès du Droit 2022).
She was elected by her peers as one of the Lawyers of the Year 2020 in « Privacy and Data Security Law », as one of the Lawyers of the year 2021 in « Biotechnology and Life Sciences Practice » and as one of the Lawyers of the year 2024 in « Information Technology Law » by Best Lawyers (in partnership with Les Echos).
- Jean-Philippe DELSOL, Philippe DUMEZ, Emmanuel KAEPPELIN, Pierre GOUGÉ, Henri-Louis DELSOL, Xavier DELSOL, Laurent BUTSTRAËN, Lionel DEVIC, Frédéric SUBRA, Paulette TRILLAT, Mathieu LE TACON, Delphine BRETAGNOLLE, Philippe PACOTTE, Alexis CHABERT, Stéphane PERRIN, Nathalie PEYRON, Benoît BOUSSIER, Jeanne BOSSI MALAFOSSE, Séverine BRAVARD, Philippe MALIKIAN, Thomas AMICO, Gaëlle MERLIER, Stanley MITON Inès SAINT-LARY,
DELSOL Avocats is delighted with the individual ranking of 23 of its lawyers in the The Best Lawyers ™ in France ranking, especially as it reflects the recognition of our peers. Thomas AMICO Corporate Governance and Compliance Practice Jeanne BOSSI MALAFOSSE Biotechnology and Life Sciences Practice Information Technology Law Privacy and Data...Read
On 18 July 2019, the CNIL adopted a reference framework relating to the processing of personal data intended for the implementation of a whistleblowing system. Following the transposition into domestic law of the European directive on the protection of whistleblowers in 2022, the CNIL deemed it necessary to update this reference framework....Read