DELSOL Avocats is proud to have assisted the founders of Kyutai, a not-for-profit open science artificial intelligence research laboratory. Co-founded by CMA CGM, Groupe iliad and Schmidt Futures, Kyutai will publish all its research work free of charge. The laboratory’s co-founders aim for Kyutai to be a genuine hub for the French and...Read
We have recognised expertise in many business sectors : philanthropy, social entrepreneurship, culture, research, sports, denominations and religions, social and medical-social establishments, professional organisations, patronage and sponsorship, education and vocational training, works councils, mutualist sector, cooperatives, etc.
We contribute to all stages of the life and development of structures in the social and solidarity-based economy, notably in the following situations :
- creation of social structures (foundations recognised as a public interest and other forms, associations, endowment funds, unions, cooperatives, mutual groups, etc.),
- upstream and downstream tax consulting for the creation of organisations,
- monitoring of day-to-day operations,
- reflection, set-up and complete support for reorganisation, restructuring and development strategies,
- restructuring operations : combinations, pooling, mergers, divisions, partial asset transfers, etc.,
- sectoring or set-up of subsidiaries for commercial activities,
- legal, fiscal and social audits,
- management of relations between employers, employees and volunteers,
- relations with local authorities, the State and government agencies,
- drafting of contracts suited to the characteristics of non-profit organisations (partnership, consortium, loans for use, secondment, etc.),
- management of internal conflicts and specific legal disputes,
- management of tax, administrative and social disputes,
- dissolution and voluntary winding up,
- insolvency proceedings,
- patronage and sponsorship,
- support for philanthropic projects by companies, families or individuals,
- consulting and support for social entrepreneurs, for the creation and development of their projects.
With a wealth of unique and historical experience, the « Non-profit organisations – Social and solidarity-based entrepreneurship » department relies on a team that, with approximately 25 lawyers and legal specialists, is one of the largest and best structured in FRANCE.
It innovates and regularly contributes to the development of the legal and regulatory framework of organisations in the Social economy.
Finally, it draws on the specific areas of expertise of the firm’s other departments, notably « Employment law - Social welfare law », P« ublic law », « Mergers-acquisitions - Corporate law », « Personal data » and « Life sciences ».
Rankings of the department
- PALMARES DU DROIT 2023
- Non-profit organisations : Golden Trophy
- PALMARES DU DROIT 2022
- CSR competences : Silver Trophy
- LEGAL 500 EMEA 2021
- « The firm is one of the market’s stand-out advisors for non-profits and foundations, thanks to Xavier Delsol, founding partner and chairman of the firm ».
- DECIDEURS 2022
- Taxation of non-profit organizations : Unbeatable
In order to benefit from the French tax reduction for sponsorship (up to 60% of the amount of the donation for legal entities and 66% for individuals, subject to certain taxable income limits), all donors, including henceforth legal entities, must be able to present tax receipts attesting to the reality of their donation at the request of the...Read
- Legal news
DELSOL Avocats has once again been distinguished at the Palmarès du Droit organised in Paris by Le Monde du Droit and was awarded the "Customer Relations Prize". The expertise of our teams was rewarded in the following categories : Mergers - Acquisitions : transactions < €50M : Golden Trophy Tax Litigation : Golden Trophy Corporate Taxation...Read
RaiseSherpas, Raise Group’s endowment fund and the first philanthropic accelerator dedicated to French post-seed startups, is taking part alongside investors-sponsors in the launch of Phiture, the first 100% non-profit tech investment fund. This fund, the first of its kind in France, aims at investing in the best innovations and financing 50...Read